Sunday, September 30, 2007

Resume tips

The first article I reviewed was "How to Pinpoint Accomplishments that will make your Resume Shine." This article was about how to tout your accomplishments effectively. I learned a lot from this article. When I'm writing about myself I try to stay humble, writing great things seems so pretentious to me. The article said to throw modesty out the window when writing a resume. I guess that makes sense. Also to cite all awards and commendations.
The second article I reviewed was "How to Create a Resume for Foreign Markets." I'm particularly interested in this one because I hope to work overseas. This article had tips like writing the resume in your own hand-writing. Also, to list things in the resume like marital status, and other information that may be not included on US resumes.

No comments: