Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Sunday, October 28, 2007
The purpose of this campaign is to inform the population of
As a result of this media campaign the audience will be able to:
· Stop themselves and others from starting to smoke tobacco and chew tobacco. This will be achieved through an aggressive campaign designed to take away some of the mystique associated with tobacco usage. Also by showing what can really happen to you if you begin to use tobacco.
· Quit smoking. This can be achieved by informing the public as to the real dangers of tobacco usage. Also this can be achieved by offering current users alternatives (i.e. nicotine gum, patches, ect…)
· Educate others as to the ill-health effects of tobacco.
· Improve the general health of the Russian population by reducing the amount of tobacco usage.
· Create a healthier atmosphere for all people in the
The smoking is a traditional problem in
· Irritability and aggressiveness
· Poor concentration
· Increased appetite
Many assert that smokers do damage only to their bodies and, as free individuals, they have that right. We believe this to not be the case. As a paternalistic society we constantly outlaw and deter forms of self-destruction. We wouldn’t stand-by while someone tried to eat plutonium and, while this may be an extreme example; tobacco usage should be strongly discouraged as well. Second-hand smoke is also a very dangerous factor of tobacco smoke. People inhaling the tobacco smoke are at risk from a variety of ailments, from birth defects to respiratory ailments.