Friday, October 19, 2007

Mock-Interview Reflection

My interview went very well I believe. I was calm and collected. I was not nervous and very confident in my tone and abilities. I basically went into the mock interview pretending it was real. I also pretended that I already had the position and had nothing to worry about or strive for. This allowed me to feel very confident and composed throughout the process. I endeared myself to the interviewer by telling antecdotes about my childhood. She told me that this made my interview memorable, and if she interviewed 40 more people I would still stick out amongst them. I honestly went into it with a plan on what I would talk about, but quickly shifted my approach. I felt that the spontaneous approach would be much better, and it allowed me to adapt to her questions and expectations. At the end I asked her blunt direct questions about the position. I felt there was no sense in dancing around important issues like compensation, so I straight up asked the questions I wanted to know about. I feel really good about my interview.

No comments: